Japan Tobacco International
The initial mandate was an occupation survey to help determine future needs of the 25’000m2 JTI Headquarters. The strategy recommended reinstallation into more spacious premises to allow all departments, which were located in different sites, to work under one roof.
After successfully managing the International architectural Design competition, PREKF was selected to represent the client and to manage the building project. The main responsibilities were:
- Set up and manage project processes
- Identify, acquire and manage the design team
- Coordinate the design process, including all permits and authorisations.
- Advice to the Contractor and manage the supply process
- Client team project management during construction
- Quality control
- Coordinate the reception process
- Identify, develop and present all appropriate management tools
As closest advisor to the Executive Committee, our mandate expanded to include the support of other work streams such as: workspace planning, Audio Visual technology, Signage and Wayfinding, future construction projects and the introduction of art in the workplace.
Following successful fit out projects in the UK and Switzerland where PREKF evidenced its capacity to provide tailor-made solutions to its clients and to exceed expectations, the team was invited to play a leading role in the development and implementation of the JTI Headquarters strategy in Geneva.